Cloud Security & Digital Transformation for Enterprise
The corona virus pandemic is forcing enterprise sector to move towards digital transformation. Digital transformation and cloud security are top of the chart topics that about which enterprises want to know more about.
A recent survey has been conducted by Trend Micro, the survey found:
- Digital transformation and cloud security were the leading topics for enterprises at 79%
- Followed by threat and vulnerability research (62%).
- Risk and compliance (49%).
The results have been unsurprising to an extent, given how many companies have accelerated digital transformation projects and migration to the cloud.
The pandemic continues to wield huge influence over workplace collaboration, productivity & the bottom line across many industries.
The respondents also identify with each other when it comes to the pain points.
- Most frequently grapple with the inability to detect and respond to advanced threats (32%).
- The perennial shortage of security skills (32%), as cybercrimes become more sophisticated and security operations, more complex.
The common challenges highlighted in the survey include:
- Getting cloud security automation and configuration right (31%).
- Asking for more budget for cybersecurity (28%).
- Obtaining complete visibility of threat vectors across the entire organization (26%).
- Constantly having to justify cybersecurity investment (25%).
When it comes to acquiring hands-on experiences, respondents are most looking forward to learning about automated security and compliance posture remediation (68%), indicating that many of them are already operating in the cloud environment and are dealing with misconfiguration-led cybersecurity issues. As a matter of fact, misconfigurations in the cloud are the primary cause for cloud-based cyberattacks.
Respondents are also interested in tackling real-life scenarios that pertain to web application protection and serverless security (63%), a sign that many of them are further along the cloud journey. The third most sought-after hands-on topic revolves around deploying network-based virtual patches and intrusion prevention systems (IPS) (52%), showing that system vulnerabilities continue to be a major headache for security teams across the board.
The tech industry is one of the few that have not faltered under the weight of the pandemic. It goes to show the important of technology on business operations.
“To survive is to innovate and take up new technologies.” – Trend Micro